Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yep, it snowed.

    Snowstorms are awesome because my snow day involved sledding, hot chocolate, sitting on my butt, eating a lot of food, collaging, watching Parks & Recreation, and making pizza with my family.
 It's not too often that my family is all home together all day. We actually didn't kill each other either. I went out to the park to go sledding in the early afternoon for a little bit, but that was the only time I left the house. It was so hard to walk in the snow. Walking literally down the block to the park had me feelin' like I had just ran a marathon. I didn't last too long outside because I'm a baby and my feeties were getting numb.

    It was really nice to just have a slow day at home with nowhere to be. Definitely grateful to have been able to spend time with my family at home, sheltered from the storm. I'd say this snow storm was the whipped cream on top of my awesome winter break (almost literally). While the first day of the semester was ended early and the second day cancelled, today (third day) is a delayed start. Normally I'd be in class by 9:35, but the uni is closed until 11, so I don't have to go until my Clinical Research Seminar at 12:50. 

    Yesterday evening I went outside my house to take some photos of the snow. We got a little over a foot by me, but the Eastern parts of the island got over 2-feet in some areas. I'd say this storm lived up to the hype. 



After a LONG day of sitting (lol), we made some pizza. There's half of my mom's body before she started running away from the camera. 



See that bowl of green disgustingness in the background? My mom made some Cavatelli with Pesto also because we like carbs in this house. 

       The final product:


Working with dough is extremely labor-intensive and not good for perfectionists. I gave up trying to achieve a perfect circle.

After dinner I started up some collaging while watching Parks & Recreation. If I'm proud enough of some stuff I make I could start posting it. Maybe. Parks & Recreation is becoming one of my favorite shows ever. I'm only on season 2, I'm late to the party. I'm really bad at watching TV and not getting distracted, so it's taking me a while, but I really do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment