Friday, December 20, 2013

My Favorite Pumpkin Bread in the world


  

This is seriously the best pumpkin bread I have ever made, and possibly the best I have ever tasted. AND I AM SUUUUPER PICKY WHEN IT COMES TO PUMPKIN BREAD. It has to be perfect, which this bread is. Aaaaaand its healthy, but it doesn’t taste it at all. I SWEAR. It's a miracle. You're just going to have to trust me.

Ingredients:


-11/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour 

-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-3 egg whites
-1 cup brown sugar (or equivalent sweetener of choice)
-1 cup pumpkin puree
-1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
-1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
-1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
-chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Spray one 9x5 loaf pan
  3. In a large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix. (note* when measuring, do not pack the flour/shake it in the measuring cup, spoon it loosely into the measuring cup and level off. Common mistake that causes incorrect flour measurements.)
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and sugar, then add pumpkin, applesauce and yogurt, whisk until combined. Add cinnamon, ground nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice, mix.
  5. form a well in the center of the flour mixture and gradually add wet, mix it all together until just combined. Don’t over mix!
  6. stir in chocolate chips
  7. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Guys I swear, I know what you’re thinking. Recipes that replace the white flour, oil, butter, egg yolks, etc end up dry and un-flavorful, but seriously this pumpkin bread does NOT taste like its missing any of those things. It is so moist and has that perfect pumpkin taste <3
Do not let my photo deceive you, my bread fell in the middle because I accidentally took it out early at first and then realized I had ten more minutes MY BAD, mistakes happen. It does rise very nicely and stay that way so long as you don't open the oven early.




For the loaf below, I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top of it before baking. It added a nice touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment