Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Woman Crush Wednesday: Blogger edition

        There are quite a few bloggers who, though I only follow their public internet lives, have largely impacted my life in ways that I can only hope to someday do for others. I'd like to share my top favorite female bloggers, in the spirit of #womancrushwednesday. These women are huge inspirations to me and many others.

Pilates instructor, founder of POP Pilates, lifestyle blogger, YouTuber, designer, Professional Dog-Stalker.

        Where do I even start with this incredible woman? I started following her in the beginning of 2013, my second semester of my freshman year of college. At that time, things were really rough. I was attending a school I was unhappy being at, I was homesick, my life felt like a mess.
        I really had no idea what Pilates was, but Cassey's bright, bubbly personality drew me in to find out. Today, I've been doing Pop-Pilates with Cassey for almost two years, and it has truly become a big part of my lifestyle. Not once have I become bored of it. There is so much variation in Cassey's workouts, and her fun personality keeps it all the more varied. She's always coming up with fun new workouts, song challenges, and combination moves of her own, maintaining a constant challenge.
        Aside from Pilates, Cassey is just too adorable in every way. She's excited about life, excited about the little things (like the color of her nails), and extremely knowledgeable about taking good care of one's own body and living a maintainable healthy lifestyle. Before discovering Blogilates, I was extremely restrictive with my eating habits, and I was obsessed with just doing cardio. I'm being literal when I say Cassey saved my life.
        With nearly two million subscribers/followers, Cassey works extremely hard to keep up with new videos, as well as new workout calendars for every single month, and tons of other inspiring blog posts/life updates. Serious props to her, it's not easy. She invests so much time and care into what she shares with her followers, because she is truly passionate about the health of herself and others. She's created an amazing community of happy, inspirational people. I admire this woman. If it weren't for her, I am 99% sure Pilates would not be among my interests, let alone a regular part of my life. Through my journey of recovery, Pop-Pilates has kept me feeling good about my body and its capabilities, continuously getting stronger. I can not thank Cassey enough for all she does. It's crazy because following her for so long, I have like a pseudo-best-friendship with her. I feel like she is one of my lifelong best friends as if I know her in real life. One of my biggest dreams is that one day I can meet this outstanding woman and just have a good long talk with her about life.
        Check out her main blog, Blogilates.com, and find all of her workouts, recipe videos, and vlogs on Youtube.

Julia Grigorian:
        This girl kicks some SERIOUS butt! I met her on tumblr a little over a year ago, and at the time, she was slowly emerging out of the tight grips of Anorexia. I followed her on her tough journey to recovery, and all I can say is this woman truly AMAZES me with her strength, persistence, and spirituality. No matter how many times or how hard she fell, she always got back up. She always kept in mind that recovery was what she really wanted and that it would be worth it in the end. She's made an astounding comeback at life before starting college, and it was incredible to see her stick it out through recovery to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That light just gets brighter and brighter, and Julia wants to spread that message to everyone and anyone struggling with an eating disorder. It's not an easy battle by any means, and anyone who can make the choice to recover is strong beyond average. Watching this girl's journey was actually mind blowing.
        Julia is a beautiful writer, and I have no doubts regarding her aspiration to get her own book published. Her way with words in expressing the positivity in her life after recovery has touched many lives, including mine. Her words and experiences deserve to be spread far and wide. She is living, breathing proof that recovery is worth it. Julia, you are such an inspiration to many, beautiful inside and out, and I know you will continue to grow and do wonderful things. You can find her main blog at Lord-still-loves-me.com, and follow her on various other social media sites !


Alyssia Sheikh: MindOverMunch
        Alyssia is a lifestyle blogger as well as a graphic designer, focusing her blog on fitness, health, and balance. Her sense of humor is just like mine and her positive vibes totally rub off. Just listening to her talk picks up my mood because she's got a huge personality. Her recipes are award winning (literally, MindOverMunch won the taste award), her videos are so well put together, and her design work is fantastic! She is beautiful, inside and out, left and right, and has one of the prettiest & most contagious smiles in the world. I've tried so many of her recipes and they are phenomenal. As a fan, it means a lot that she cares so much about the content she shares and the effort she puts into her posts, photography, designed work, and the overall blogging process. I absolutely love her creativity and her design work is of great inspiration to my artistic side. She designs her own ebooks which I have purchased, and the bright, colorful style of her design work really captures her fun personality. You can check out her artwork at AlyssiaSheikh.com which holds various different works such as graphic designs, mixed media pieces, handcrafted books, and other goodies of the like. She is so artistically gifted and it's so neat to see her bring her love of art/design and health together in the MindOverMunch series. She is one of my top bloggers of all time and I would love the chance to meet her some day. Check out the series at MindOverMunch.com, or on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment