Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Writing Prompt Wednesday #1

Since I am really looking to post more often on this blog, I became inspired to do a "Writing Prompt Wednesday" post every Wednesday. I need at least some sort of schedule to keep me feeling obligated to post. I became inspired by The Daily Post and their 365 days of writing prompts. Each Wednesday, I am going to pick one of the writing prompts within the week (past Sunday to upcoming Saturday) that I am posting. For example: today I'll be choosing one of the prompts between September 7-13th.
So sit back and prepare yourself as I present to you: My first writing prompt:

Thank You
The internet is full of rants. Help tip the balance: today, simply be thankful for something (or someone).

I am very big on gratitude. There is so so much in life that we all take for granted, myself being guilty of it as well. Good things happen to us every day, but they have become so regular and mundane that they simply just wash over us without us noticing how truly beautiful they are. Obviously, how you choose to look at every day life and every day opportunities will really determine how satisfied and happy you are in general.

First of all, I am thankful that I woke up healthy and well today. I'm thankful that my loved ones woke up healthy and well today. It was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed, I'll admit, but I woke up alive and well to see another day.  I am thankful for the obvious things that people often overlook. A supporting family, technology, food, human knowledge, etc. This might be starting to sound like a conversation at a Thanksgiving dinner table, but I am so fortunate that these things exist. It may not be a perfect world that we live in, there may be some serious problems and crises, but there's so much that is amazing in this world. If people can let the bad overshadow the good, people can let the good overshadow the bad and count their blessings.

As a major point, I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend a college that I love, so thankful for the scholarships and grants and help from my parents that were vital to my attendance. I really owe my life to my parents. Because of them, I am studying what I love (psychology) in a great environment at a great school. Attending college is what opened my eyes to what I want to do with my life and I really owe that to my parents for helping me get to where I am. 

Practice gratuity. It's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment