Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mindful Photography

I wanted to make a post concerning mindful photography because it is something that has seriously helped me become a more positive, grateful, and optimistic person.

It doesn't seem like much of a groundbreaking task to simply write down/photograph/document the happy moments you experience each day. Many would think that seems pointless, maybe even out of the way. You might be thinking, "ain't nobody got time for that", but it's something worth making time for.

About a year ago, I started documenting all of the happy moments in each day, whether it be extremely happy occurrences, or even just little things like a beautiful view or something that made me smile or feel good. I tried to consciously make note of any experience that produced exclusively positive emotions in me. I would take a moment to photograph or write down what the positive experience was, what was producing the positivity, and how I felt. I didn't always remember to do it at first, which just goes to show how unaware we are of the positivity around us. This is such a great activity to become aware of the positivity, be grateful for it, and savor it. When you get into the habit of physically documenting a positive experience or emotion, it makes just simply noticing it and being aware of it even easier to do.

It might seem silly or pointless but I promise you it's not. It is such a worthwhile investment that will give you the gratuity and optimism needed to live a happier life. It is not a waste of time. Slowing down and taking a moment to savor the positivity is so so beneficial and so vital for a happy life. Over the last year I have become significantly more grateful and pleased with my life all because I integrated this fairly simple task into my everyday life. It's so much easier for me to stop and smell the flowers in any situation, and its only getting easier over time. You can do it too, and so can everyone. You just have to stick with it. Becoming happier starts with choosing to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment