Monday, October 6, 2014

MyOatmeal.com

So I just stumbled across perhaps one of the best websites I have ever encountered in my life. Or, it might be the worst, because I'm tempted to spend a ridiculous amount of money...

but anyway, I found a site called MyOatmeal.com. It's run by a company that sells custom made flavored oatmeal and powdered peanut butter. You can BUILD YOU OWN OATMEAL BLEND with a billion different options for flavorings and mixins. This is right up my alley considering I love creating crazy flavored oatmeal, as do many people. This can be kind of time consuming, especially on rushed mornings. This site makes it so convenient because you can literally create your own oatmeal mixture perfectly to your liking so that all you have to do is mix it with water/milk and cook it! Another plus, it's also very affordable!

There are over 22 billion combinations! THAT'S SO MANY D; I can't even handle it.

Here's the rundown:
1. First, you can choose the size of your delicious bag of oatmeal. You can choose a 1 pound bag, a 2.25 pound bag, or a 4 pound bag.

2. NEXT, you choose your oat mixture. You can choose from
    quick oats
    5 grain rolled oats & flax
    steel cut oats
    gluten free quick oats
    or thick rolled oats.
    Pretty awesome, huh? We're just getting started.

3. NEEEEEEXT is my favorite and probably one of the most overwhelming flavors list I've ever seen!

ALL of these flavors are ALL NATURAL, SUGAR FREE, VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, AND NON GMO. That's pretty damn exciting. All these decadent flavors while still keeping it a healthy meal. I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want to try first. You can even MIX & MATCH with multiple different flavors! This is dangerous for my wallet. DANGEROUS.

4. Next, you can choose from all natural, low moisture dried fruits to add in. My favorites from this list are banana chips, coconut chips, and strawberries. I'm not a crazy fruit person, so this part   doesn't excite me as much, but there are a bunch of fruits to choose from to really accentuate the creative flavors.

5. Add some extra nuts and such if you wish. Small but good list that includes chia seeds, flax seeds, powdered PB, pecans, sliced almonds, walnuts, quinoa flakes, and peanut pieces; to add that extra UMPHHH to your oats. Peanut butta all da wayyyy!

6. Next you can add a protein of your choice (whey, casein, rice protein, pea protein) if you'd like, to make it an even more rounded, protein packed meal.

7. FINALLY, you can sweeten it with brown sugar, white sugar, cane juice, monkfruit (calorie free plant extract), or sucralose. My personal fave is Monkfruit. I always use it in my oatmeal or in anything that needs some sweetening. It doesn't have any weirdo effects on digestion and whatnot.

Oh, and did I mention that MyOatmeal.com also sells powdered PEANUT BUTTER which you can also customize with the same list of mixins. I know where all my money is going >.>

So yeah, I'm pretty excited about this, and overwhelmed. I am torn between all the flavors I just can't decide what I should try out first. I'm going to start off with 2 or 3 1-pound bags of different mixtures and I'll review all of them. I think for sure one of the first ones I am going to order is quick oats with pumpkin spice flavor and old fashioned glaze doughnut flavor, sweetened with Monkfruit. I figure that's a good one to order now because it's seasonal and whatnot. I'm hoping for like a pumpkin spice doughnut flavor goin on.

All the flavors by themselves sound amazing, but some of the combination flavors I had in mind so far include:
-carrot cake + vanilla frosting
-dulce de leche + vanilla bean ice cream
-strawberry shortcake + cheesecake
-cinnamon roll + pumpkin spice
-double fudge brownie + salted caramel
-peanut butter + honey

I'm too excited, hopefully I can make a decision and order some by tonight. Oatmeal lovers unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment